ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MANAGED SERVICES IN THREE MINUTES!
“Managed services” is a generic term for all recurring outsourced services:
- Resources monitoring
- Monitoring alert procedure-based processing and management
- Incident operation and non-procedure-based processing
- Change management and administration
Managed services are designed to centralize companies’ IT management processes
A centrally-managed IT service offering must be based on a holistic approach, combining IT infrastructure, user environment and support:
The infrastructure must provide your business with simple but comprehensive hardware and software components for aspects such as networking, storage, multifunction devices, and the use of mobile/tablet devices.
An administrator dashboard should centrally manage and deploy applications (including those for mobile devices) for end users, view and control security, manage storage and backup settings, and perform all user management-related operations. This centralized control unit simplifies the day-to-day management of IT services and provides feedback on any environmental issue.
DEDICATED TEAM AREAS
Users are becoming more demanding when it comes to collaboration, simplifying tools, sharing simple files, etc. Any managed IT service must immediately offer all of these features within an environment built for teamwork and compatible with mobile devices.
What are the motivations for using managed services?
According to a survey rolled out by Best Practice in January 2019:
- 78% of IS management teams expressed a desire to work with a 24/7 service
- 76% would like to simplify their administration and monitoring tasks
- 67% feel an increased need for agility
- 65% would like to improve specialist department satisfaction
- 80% appreciate service commitment, skill sets and management of technological obsolescence via continuous expert monitoring
This survey highlights just how useful managed services are within a company.
In short, managed services ensure companies remain fully operational 24/7 via engineers, thereby allowing you to focus on what you do best. They foster a culture of innovation based on new technologies, and safeguard security for your infrastructures by providing you with technological monitoring and optimization tips and recommendations over time.
What about you, does your company use a centralized IT management system?